Hard drive manufacturers often neglect to inform their clients that hard drives are susceptible to failure. Failure may occur even in circumstances of normal use. Hard drive failure can occur within a decade or a year but whatever the case people should be aware of the existence of hard drive data recovery experts. Hard drive data recovery is a process that involves the retrieval of inaccessible files from storage devices such as the hard drive, which have experienced failure. A variety of reasons could be responsible for hard drive failure. These reasons include viruses as well as mechanical problems and the human factor. Whatever the cause of the problem,hard drive data recovery technicians exist who can help you solve the problem most of the time.
The Evaluation Process
Before a hard drive data recovery takes place it is important to assess the hard drive. All media collected by the hard drive data recovery company has to be analyzed to determine the hard drives real state.
The following under listed are some of the steps that the hard drive recovery company has to undertake during the hard drive data recovery process.
1. Hard drive data recovery experts determine the true nature of the problem. The problem might be either physical or logical. Physical problems are hardware related while logical problems apply to software.
2. If the problem is physical the hard drive data recovery experts will check for the availability of the needed parts.
3. The hard drive data recovery experts create a sector by sector mirror image of the hard disk to their machine which continues with the process.
4. The machine assesses the conditions of the data structure and determines how much information can be recovered.
5. On the completion of assessment of the hard drive data recovery required , the results are given which indicate the price of the service.
On the completion of this hard drive data recovery evaluation the experts usually contact the client to deliver results and obtain approval to continue with the recovery.
How Long Does the Evaluation Process Take?
Hard drive data recovery evaluation takes no more than 48 hours. The length of time required usually depends on the type of problems that are encountered. Some of these problems require technicians to search for parts for drives that are not common these are some of the factors that might lengthen the hard drive data recovery process.